Well I am happy to report that my goal of my last post (weeks ago? months ago? 1999?) has been slightly achieved. I’m doing
much better about not stressing the small stuff and just take everything day-by-day. I do still stay late-ish a couple days a week to catch up and work ahead, but that’s kind of nice to work with my awesome “roomie”/team and to get my room back to its glory days of Monday morning.
Although, yesterday I left school at (wait for it) TWO FORTY. I did not know what to do with myself. I went to the store (!) for a few things and was home by 3:30. Hold your applause.
I even changed our classroom calendar to November before I left at TWO FORTY.
This brings me to the point of the post (I may be able to now understand when dear husband sometimes so lovingly says, “Soooo can you get to the point?”).
When November rolls around, most of us think of a few things we’re thankful for. There are some that share a thing per day of November, but I’m not so good at remembering or what’s the word, consistency at times. So let’s knock it out at once, shall we?
30 Things I Am Thankful For: (One isn’t my originality of titling lists)
- This list won’t be ranked of importance necessarily, but first and foremost I have to say my relationship with Jesus and His daily grace and mercy shown to me. So undeserving!
- First year I can this so my HUSBAND! Patient, smart, funny, and he helps cook & clean… Love being Mrs. S.
- Parents – I might be “grown up,” but I still call or email Mama and Daddy for help and advice and always will. :-)
- I’m just going to lump these two together because they’re a given – all my family and friends. I love all of you. Some of you more than others. Just kidding. I just like some of you more than others…. ;)
- My school– Some of my coworkers have become some of my dearest friends. This is one I try not to take for granted because I know so many others who do not have it as good. We are a lucky bunch. Especially love my team and my roomie!
- My students– When people ask me why I do what I do, no it’s not the summers (a great perk) but it’s them. They are a sweet group and can make me laugh every single day. All 23 of them are unique and some of the coolest kids you’ll meet! Even when I’m almost certain I’m sounding like the Peanuts teacher to them, I still love ’em. Also, still love last year’s kids too. Makes me proud seeing them doing well in 3rd grade. Kinda secretly love that those kids will always call me Miss G. :)
- My Church, Pastor, etc- a true church family of the church being the church. And I want to see how many more times I can use the word church in a sentence.
- Brett & I’s beautiful home! Still 3034 projects to do, but it’s ours and perfect for us. Wobbly porch rails and all.
- Sprite. We had a healthy-eating related person speak to us at lunch last year. He called me out on my Sprite can explaining the carbonation and all. As I told him, I don’t drink, smoke, drink caffeine, not eat too many sweets. Let me have my CARBONATED fun, OKAY? His response- “Touche.”
- Michael Buble’s Christmas CD– I haven’t purchased it yet because I want to be so 2005 and have the real live CD in my hand. But I’ve listened to some previews and it is superb.
- Nick Saban. ‘Nuff said.
- Howie the Honda still running smoothly since 2005.
- My TWO MINUTE commute to school. That’s IF I have to be at the stop sign for a few seconds. Otherwise, it’s a SOLID ninety seconds.
- Pinterest. Although I shouldn’t be because once I start looking, I can’t… stop…
- The Crock-Pot. Look, I was not a slow-cooker believer until I made dinner Sunday by just dropping stuff in there, turning it on low, taking a nap, and then waking up to the house smelling divine. As the Monkees would say, Then I smelled our dinner, now I’M A BELIEVER.
- Brett having a great job with a fabulous company. So many need one and I’m thankful both he and I are happily employed!
- Coupons. Ain’t no shame in my game.
- My iPhone. I was the girl that never answered her phone or texts and thought the iPhone hoopla was highly overrated. Now I’m the girl that sometimes answers her phone or texts within reasonable time and think the iPhone hoopla still is a little exaggerated, but OH MY WORD we’re BIFFLES.
- Snickers Peanut-butter Squares. This is no way related to what I’m eating. Nope.
- Second, third, and fourth chances. Because I need them a lot, can I get an Amen?
- That we are now in the 20s, because while I have countless things to be thankful for, GEEZ LOUISE this is a lot to type and read.
- Our Soldiers, including my friend Jonathan over there serving. Love you buddy!
- Sunny school days. Those who have experienced indoor recess are saying PREACH right now.
- Naps. My life motto should be, “A nap a day keeps grumpy Lacey away.”
- Ranch dressing. It’s just a fact.
- Kathryn Stockett for writing The Help. First book in a while that I couldn’t wait to pick up to read and now I’m dying to see the movie.
- Snow Days. If you say it, they will come…
- Excedrin. Ye-ep.
- Our neighborhood– almost everyday when I get home from school, there are 5 or 6 kids either riding bikes in the cul-de-sac, playing baseball, throwing football, or some other shenanigans. As Hallmark movie as it sounds, I’m looking forward to watching them grow up!
- That this list is over. You deserve a ribbon if you read all the way through. Kind of a bah-humbug of an ending, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles.
Happy November! Tell someone you’re thankful for them. :-)