Blogosphere Blogship Bloggers Friends,
I hope November has treated you kindly. Mine was full of everything-I-can-turn-into-a-turkey-I-shall school activities, about 24 hours of West Virginia, too many hours on the ENDLESS INTERSTATES OF KENTUCKY, Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, and one piece of actual turkey (I hate plain ole turkey, but I eat a tiny piece on Thanksgiving Day to make my mother happy).
(I actually made the statement to Brett that if I ever am in charge of Thanksgiving Dinner-HAHAHA- that I am OVERTHROWING THE ESTABLISHMENT and we’ll be serving chicken. Call it Occupy Thanksgiving).
(He didn’t go for it).
November was also filled with a little bit of Pinterest (ok, maybe a lot)… I saw somebody posted this and I was about to raise the Gospel Hand on some of these.
HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TEACHER?
by Jeff Foxworthy
1. You can hear 25 voices behind you and know exactly which one belongs to the child out of line.
2. You get a secret thrill out of laminating something.
3. You walk into a store and hear the words “It’s Ms/Mr.> _________” and know you have been spotted.
4. You have 25 people that accidentally call you Mom/Dad at one time or another.
5. You can eat a multi-course meal in under twenty minutes.
6. You’ve trained yourself to go to the bathroom at two distinct times of the day: lunch and planning period.
7. You start saving other people’s trash, because most likely, you can use that toilet paper tube or plastic butter tub for something in the classroom.
8. You believe the teachers’ lounge should be equipped with a
margarita Sprite machine. *Mrs. S edited. ;)
9. You want to slap the next person who says “Must be nice to work 8 to 3 and have summers off.”
10. You believe chocolate is a food group.
11. You can tell if it’s a full moon without ever looking outside.
12. You believe that unspeakable evils will befall you if anyone says “Boy, the kids sure are mellow today.”
13. You feel the urge to talk to strange children and correct their behavior when you are out in public.
14. You believe in aerial spraying of Ritalin.
15. You think caffeine should be available in intravenous form.
16. You spend more money on school stuff than you do on your own needs.
17. You can’t pass the school supply aisle without getting at least five items!
18. You ask your friends if the left hand turn he just made was a “good choice or a bad choice.”
19. You find true beauty in a can full of perfectly sharpened pencils
20. You are secretly addicted to hand sanitizer and finally,
21. You understand instantaneously why a child behaves a certain way after meeting his or her parent.
Which ones made you shout HALLELUJAH?! :-)